If you want to refresh your space, transform your décor, and provide a much-needed change without having to do all the work of repainting an entire room or surface at once , then paint swatches on surfaces that are easy enough for us humans not to require protective gear. Paint them onto tiles in various sizes with some reference picture online so people can see how it looks before making any decision about which color they’d like next.
Knowing how often you should paint each room can be difficult to determine, but by reading on, we will provide some guidance.
How Often Should I Paint the Interior of My House?
How often you paint the interior of your house depends on which room. You probably don’t need to paint every single one at once; different rooms have different requirements.
Deciding how often to paint each part is important, but remember that if there are poor conditions or renovations recently done it’s good practice for upkeep and maintenance purposes to do so more frequently than normal because painting should be performed in order prevent further damage from happening too quickly
- If your bedroom doubles as a playroom or home office, you may want to paint it every five years. This is because there’s more wear and tear in these rooms than the sleep room where we tend not get scuffed up too much since this room serves just one purpose which is usually sleeping.
- Living areas, such as the family room and dining room, don’t need to be painted more than once every five years. The amount of furniture in these rooms usually does a pretty good job of providing some protection to the walls. However because they are centrepieces of the home you may want to paint them more often for aesthetic reasons or when new décor is introduced into your living space.
- In order to keep paint from peeling in high humidity rooms such as the kitchen and bathroom, one should be painted every 3 years. However if you use a special type of paint that is designed for bathrooms or kitchens then it can last longer than usual.
- We recommend that you paint your hallway and trim every 3 years to avoid scuffing.
Does Painting the Interior of Your House Add Value?
One situation when you may have to paint the entire interior of your home is if you’re moving. You might wonder – what’s the point? Does painting actually add value?
The answer is yes, it can; while there’s potential for dollar values to improve (even though that’s less likely), it affirms a buyer’s impression and makes them feel like they’ve found “move-in ready” homes after viewing many others first.
Painting your home not only increases its curb appeal, but it can also help you sell faster. We even have a blog article about how to prepare the house for sale before listing!
Should I Paint My Own House’s Interior?
Now that you know how often you need to paint the interior of your home, and if hiring a professional is right for you – there are some major advantages. Hiring a contractor can save time as well as money compared to doing it yourself which will ultimately give more freedom in planning other activities.
- Hiring a professional painting service can ensure that your home is painted in the best possible way. From gathering materials to preparing the space and completing the actual task, hiring painters will take care of all aspects for you so it’s easy on yourself.
- The idea of painting your own walls can be overwhelming for homeowners, which is why hiring professionals to do it gives you peace of mind.
- Painters make it easy for homeowners to have their entire house painted. They bring all the necessary materials and know which paints work best in each room, so you don’t need to return paint from a store that isn’t perfect.
- A professional painting company will help you achieve your vision and keep the walls looking great for a long time.
When it comes to painting your home, you want to make sure that you’re hiring the best possible painters, contact Ethereal Painters at 604-788-3382 or fill out our estimate form on our website.