1. References : There’s a lot of great information here, so make sure you read everything before you start your search for an interior house painter. Call references : Before hiring anyone we need to check references on previous jobs they have done , customer satisfaction, people who have worked with them , etc…
2. Keep in mind what type of paint job you’re going to get : Your best bet is to find a company that has completed many successful jobs similar to yours . Contact the prior homeowners and ask them how good of a job did the company do for them?
3. What kind of paint do I want : While it’s sometimes more expensive, painting with high-quality products can often pay off in the end: better wear resiliency, smoother surface, etc…
4. Ask for recommendations from friends, family members , co-workers , realtors on painters: Everyone knows someone who has had their house painted at some point…
5. Find out the price of your job and how much it’s going to cost : You want to make sure you know what is included in the price of a job and that there are no hidden fees or added costs .
6. Find a few different quotes to compare prices. The same job can vary in price. Although we do not recommend going with the cheapest option. Like most things in life, you often get what you pay for!
7. Ask for recommendations from friends, family members , co-workers , realtors on painters: Everyone knows someone who has had their house painted at some point…
8. Keep your eyes peeled on social media : Look up your painter online and see if they have any photos posted where they’re working . If they do , that’s great!
9. When dealing with a professional, be prepared to pay cash : A good company will not ask for credit card information up front .
10. Know who you’re hiring before you ever make the call: It is important to do your own research and know what company or individual you are calling .
11. Do some online research and look at websites of potential painters : You want to see what type of work they have done and more importantly , how long they have been in business .
12. Use an interior house painter that has experience painting homes similar to yours : The better experience the company has on different types of surfaces, the easier it’s going to be for them when working on your home .
13. The right paint job : When it comes to the interior , there is no one paint that is best – each has its own advantages and disadvantages
14. Know how long your project will take : We need to know in advance how many people are going to be working on the job and what days they’ll start and stop .
15. What type of surface are you painting? : Painting over wood can often times require more prep work than wall paper, for example .
16. Testimonials: Check out their website and see if there are any testimonials or reviews (honest ones) from customers who’ve hired them before
17. Consider hiring a commercial rather than residential painter : If you’re looking for someone to come in and do a complete repaint of your home , you may want to hire someone who has more experience in that area .
18. Get at least three bids before choosing a company : Do not choose the lowest price without looking into their reputation and reviews first!
19. Know what color paint you want : This is key, because we don’t want to have to change our minds once the job begins .
20. What type of paint is best for my house: Once you’re ready to order your paint, decide on the quality of your finish .
21. Your new interior house painter will be working with hazardous chemicals: Always make sure they are informed about proper handling of these materials ( training )
22. Don’t forget insurance information: Be sure to ask for insurance information and confirm that it is not voided by using all materials recommended by the contractor.
23. Prepare your surfaces: One of the biggest mistakes people make before a painting project is failing to prep their surfaces .
24. Don’t forget to take accurate measurements ahead of time : Incorrect measurements can greatly increase the cost or time needed for your job, so be sure you get them right!
25. Know what type of paint grade will work best for your house : You can even test two different types on small areas of your wall, such as an inconspicuous hallway , to see which one you like best .
26. What kind of paint should I use? If you’re thinking about getting a new look or refreshing an area of your home, you need to consider the pros and cons of each paint before you make your choice .
Ready for more tips? See our continuation article here!
Looking for a painting expert to help with your next project? We can help at Ethereal Painters. Fill out our free estimate form or give us a call at 604-505-2745 today.